How to choose Best TLDs (Top Level Domains) For SEO Marketing
The major top level domains in existence include; .com, .net, .org, .info, and .us. Mostly in any case available the users always have the strongest any case that it will occur out. In many cases it has been heard out that the websites in places that the .com will always outrank everything in place. Any search in any place and you will have to see that any interested if this the case.
In any case there has been the usually flip side in any case everything will have the search engines taking the TLDs in place. Choosing your best Top level domain, one may consider factors such as the following:
- Target Location: If you are targeting specific location let’s say Kenya use extension of co.ke and for Britain use .co.uk.
- Industry specific: If you are marketing consumables in an industry lets say for example food use preferably. Food as your preferred extension, this has the advantage of enabling the reader to understand what one industry is all about.
- Use of .com extensions widely: Other than using geo specific or industry specific extension it is highly recommended for someone to buy .com counterparts. A well thought domain name has good advantage when it comes to search engines language. Such advantages include :
- Reputation Management: When a good domain name is properly spelled, your reputation and authority will definitely increase.
- Relevancy signal: Search engines uses relevancy signal by holding keywords that appear on domain charges.
- Right audience: Reaching geo specific extensions will help you reach the right audience especially now that google is improving its local search.
Upon starting new website the domain name chosen will determine whether the website will be successful or not, the choice will impact on the website success in nearly all the area including in search engine organization, Social media marketing (SMM).
Choosing great domain name: This can be a hard task but there are guiding factors to brainstorm on possibility of exploiting good domain name.
- Use existing words: Use most words that have already been created eg amazon.com, VitaminShopper.com are perfect examples.
- Create new word: Most of these famous websites has obscure name that some people do not know e.g. Bing.com, Quora.com, and Google.com.
- Create portmanteaus: This is combination of two or more unique words and their unique definitions.
Secrets of choosing branded Domain:
Use .com domain format: This is formal and normal domain in the public know how. This extensions are well known and already have a brand hence easily salable.
Appear to memorial: A brand is the lasting sum total of how someone perceives a particular organization. This is the theory behind all these concept, you can only have lasting influence depending with how people perceive you continuously.
Relevancy: Words of that have implicit meanings and connotations; ensure at all the time that your domain name communicates your desired information. The responses received in most cases should provide valuable insight into any implicit meanings your domain may connote.
Easy to spell: Use domain names that are easily spelled, avoid names that are put in logical configurations that can confuse the browsers.
Sound Authoritative: Choose domains that has reputations and obviously sound authoritative.
Be short: Keep domain name short, short names are usually best, top domains on average have usually good and easy remembrance.
Be unique: One of your marketing goals should be distinct brand that stands out amongst your competitors, choose unique and distinctive domain name.
Extension parameters are important to any website, appropriate domain extensions should be adhered to at all the times as this is what is important to any browser surfing the internet.