The rapid advancement of technology is pushing companies to evaluate their products and methods of operation in order to replace them […]By Aayush
If you are going to do changes to your current website or you are migrating to a new site then you badly need to choose a migration redirect plan in place. Now, we are going to discuss with you the SEO site migration and its checklist.
What is SEO Site migration?
When you are going to do some changes to your website then it can affect your search engine ranking. If you want to maintain your search engine ranking then you can do it with the help of the SEO site migration and 301 redirects plan. It is known as a great way to maintain the search engine ranking of your website.
How does Website Migration work?
You can redirect all the pages of your old website to the new one with the help of 301 redirects. It will ensure that you are maintaining your search engine ranking of your site by redirecting your old pages correctly to the new website and correctly returning your old visitors who is bookmarked your site in their browser to visit again.
SEO Site Migration Checklist/Guide
- First thing you need to prepare pages that you want to redirect.
- Redirect your map pages also to the new URL.
- It is good to set the permanent redirect to your all pages.
- After redirecting your all pages test whether a redirection is successful or not.
When you are going to transfer all the data to the new website then it is very important to be prepared. Usually, people do not think about it before creating a new website for the same products or services and lost their SEO performance except the SEO professionals. You need to identify which of your pages is having more traffic and which pages you want to keep.
Most people neglect the migration process and include an SEO professional and after it, they get the result of getting fewer sales and leads for their products and services.
- Using SEO site migration can help you keep your customers continue with you and you will now lose them.
- It can help you to maintain your search engine ranking.
- If your search engine ranking is the same as before then sales and leads of your products will not get the effect of creating a new website.