When redesigning a website it is essential to consider to the aspects of technology and contents that has an effect over the Search engine Optimisation. We discuss about, some important particulars to remember while redesigning the site.
Here are some SEO tips for website Redesign:
- As call to action proves a great value in SEO, it is important to create an expectation for the user to follow. Links pertaining towards CTA should be made more descriptive and luring, to lead the visitor to opt the instruction. Avoiding repeating CTA’s in the website homepage is advisable that generally homepage holds the links to the most important content. Using descriptive links can help visitor being more informative about the content behind the link.
- Providing links in the homepage can help, however it is not wise in over linking the content. Any content in the website should preferably be accessible by three clicks from the homepage. When Google bot indexes the content of the website it evaluates the crawl ability present in the website and using more links to direct towards the content is not going to the support the cause.
- Check header tags to one per page and frame it in the most relating phrase addressing the user’s query. Research over the potential query that an average user can come with and name the header tag that is both suitable relating to the content on the page and to the user’s query.
- Using hand corrected sitemaps can improve the chances of using more descriptive words and phrases. This becomes especially helpful when associating with Multinational websites that uses long words.
- PDF usage in the website content can improve your SEO. Usually, search engines do not direct the visitors towards the content page having PDF integrated in it as they contain rich information. You can boost the search rankings by directing the visitor directly towards the website page having PDF.
- Analyse the website pages that reflects traffic before making changes. Redesigning of the website includes arranging the information and in particular information that is important in boosting your business and traffic yielding pages.
- If you develop a new platform say a forum or a blog that is informative to the business especially, then make sure to add it to the primary domain as it will help in increasing the benefit of the SEO value of your primary domain.
- A well responsive website will have a positive result over the search rankings. Visitors use a variety of devices like smartphone, tablet, and laptops to connect to your website. In this case, it should be compatible and user friendly.
- Make sure to index your current website before redesigning the site. It is important to clean up existing issues in your site.
Following the above strategies will definitely give you an advantageous grab over SEO and improve the search ranking of your website.